How to Add, Change or Delete a Name on a Deed

Home Forms Information Recording Forum
If You Need To Add, Change Or Delete A Name:

This can only be done by recording a new deed showing the change. Many people think they can simply go into the Recorder's office or Registry and change the present deed on record. However, once a Deed is recorded, it cannot be changed. The new deed can be prepared by your Attorney, Title Insurance Co. or a Real Estate Office.

The most common deed used to do this is a quit claim deed. When adding someone to the title the current owner of the property would quit claim their interest to the person being added AND them-self. To remove someone the person being removed would quit claim their interest the the remaining owner(s). To change a persons name the person would quit claim the property with their old name as the grantor and their new name as the grantee.
Download Quitclaim Deed Forms
NOTE* If you have a question about this information start a new topic in your area forum.
Copyright 1997 - 2017 TheEasyDeeds, LLC, All Rights Reserved | 1445 Industrial Parkway, Akron, OH 44310 | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Quit Claim Deed Form